mwpmo Wrote:
> Another means to debug / check the signal strenght of wireless lan is to
> check the buffer status in the VFD display.
>
> Just enable the "buffer status" as the screensaver.

I'm not so sure about this.  Wireless signal strengh does not imply
that all the packets are transmitted successfully, or at full
bandwidth.  A strong signal is required to obtain maximum speed, but
this does not imply that packets are received, not interferred with,
dropped for other reasons.

There can be many TCP retransmissions occuring, indicating a
problematic connection, while signal strenght is high.  The buffer
might look full from slims point of view, but the AP might be
retransmitting constantly.

--
MrC