rme Wrote:
> Any suggestions as I have very little idea how to optimally set this new
> function.
>
> I have nuforce amps and the specs say: max input voltage=1.2V,
> Gain=26db, Input Impedance: 47K ohm, SNR = 120 db at 100W.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Right now without applying the updated firmware and slimserver update,
> volume 1 is low, 2 is normal, 3 is loud and everything from 4-40 is way
> too loud.

The optimum depends on a) your listening preference b) amp gain and c)
speaker sensitivity. i.e. experiment and then pick the value that gives
you the preferred listenable range within the main volume control.

The latest nightly releases have this feature:

http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/6.2/

Just grab the right one (exe for Windows, dmg for Mac, etc) and give it
a try.

Also note Vidur has recently made some improvements to the main volume
control (higher resolution and replaygain support) and we are working
to address issues with the volume curve, so things may change a little
going forward.

--
seanadams