seanadams Wrote:
> Here are my own measurements. I still disagree with the idea that the
> DAC's performance can be audibly improved by changing the external
> supply.
>
> http://www.seanadams.com/smps_vs_linear/
>
> Remember - "ground" is where carrots and potatoes grow.  :)

I am hosting a get together next Saturday evening at a local
"audiophile's" house. This is in conjunction with the Rocky Mountain
Audio Fest. Anyone who will be in the area of Denver is welcome to
attend.

I will have a stock SB2 and various modded ones. I will also have the
stock switcher and a couple of linear power supplies.

Please let your own ears decide.

The system used for playback will consist of:

Meadowlark Audio Blue Heron 2 speakers
http://www.meadowlarkaudio.com/bh2.htm
R. E. Designs LNPA 150 mono block amplifiers
http://www.redesignsaudio.com/LNPA150.html
Source will be the SB2 in various forms. There will be wired and
wireless versions there.

I will also have a modded Panasonic SA-XR70 to use to try the digital
outs of the SB2 and to see if there is any difference with power
supplies or digital cables.

Please contact me through PM for details.

--
Wayne1