I'm going to need to capture the output from my DVD player due to a lack
of progress with the DTS encapsulation (as you suggested already, Sean).
I've found the Edirol UA-1D, which seems perfect for the job (I need to
plug this into a laptop, so an internal soundcard won't do; the external
cards I've seen don't have coaxial S/PDIF input):

http://www.edirol.com/products/info/archive/ua1d.html

Before I try to get hold of one, can anyone think of a reason why it
wouldn't do what I need it to?  I've been trying to educate myself on
S/PDIF etc over the last few weeks, and as I understand it this device
is all I need to capture the bitstream from the DVD player (or SB2).
It looks right to me, but just in case anyone wiser in these ways can
spot any problems...

Otherwise I'll get one (there's one on eBay right now).

--
smst