pfarrell Wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 09:15 -0800, sbjaerum wrote:
> > This will of course only work if you are running the perl version of
> > slimserver, and not the compiled Windows binary.
>
> I'm not sure that this is true. I thought that the "windows binary"
> was
> just perl and the perl source needed to run. Perl really isn't
> a compiled language.
>

> --
> Pat
> http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html

My understanding is that the windows .exe version is built using the
Activestate Perl Dev Kit. That means that you do not have to have the
Perl interpreter installed to run slimserver on Windows. To apply
patches you will have to rebuild.

Running the perl version of slimserver means that patches in perl
source code does not need a rebuild.

Someone with more knowledge in perl than me, should probably explain
how the .exe is built using the Perl Dev Kit.

Steinar

--
sbjaerum