Pat,

You've put your finger on it exactly.

Not that I'm any great expert on IC fabrication, but both of these
"versions" must come off the same assembly line the same day, the same
hour, the same whatever.  It's not like they tool up Monday to build
KE's and then change the setup and tool up Tuesday to build the non-KE
versions.

A certain percentage of them will test slightly better and these can be
labeled as such and sold for a bit more.  However, I also assume a
certain percentage of the non-KE versions tested only marginally worse
than the "KE" versions and maybe one of these is installed in a stock
SB.

Cheers,

Davey.

--