unipus Wrote:
> Hey all!
> I am on a tight budget for this though and have to look in the under
> $500 range for a receiver and speakers.  Eventually, I'll upgrade as I
> move toward a home theater system, but this is probably going to be at
> least two years from now.
> Does anyone have any good recommendations for brands / models of a
> receiver and speakers in the $500 and under range?  I've been out of
> the home audio loop for awhile, so any advice would be appreciated.
> Thanks!
> Matt

I recently bought a JVC EX-A1 micro system for GBP260 (probably about
$400). It is a micro system which suited me as I move around a lot and
wanted something reasonably light to transport. The sound quality is
astonishing for the price and size (refer numerous reviews on hifi and
tech websites). Speakers are separate, amp has integrated CD/DVD player
and AM/FM tuner. Silver SB2 looks great on top (see picture).

|Filename: jvc ex-a1 + sb2.JPG                                      |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=533|

ianjohnson_nz