On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 16:10 -0800, LavaJoe wrote:
> seanadams Wrote:
> > Personally I lean towards optical - if you think timing and signal
> > integrity are important in hi-fi, imagine high-capacity
> > inter-continental telecom - there's a reason it's all fiber.  :)

> Back in the Early 90s,
>[snip]
>  The sales guy was very convinced that coax was far superior to toslink.

It was probably true back then, especially at consumer prices.
In the late 90s, home theater drove a lot of improvements
in the whole toslink space. I'd be surprized if there
is still the "far superior" difference. But YMMV and all that.
Plus coax lets you spend $200 for a "digital cable"
ahahahaha.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html