pfarrell Wrote:

> Could be, but I have not seen a credible definition of what jitter is,
> how jitter is caused, what fixes it, or how jitter effects sound.

The first three are well defined and understood. Jitter is critical in
high speed logic circuits and communication systems, and there are many
books explaining the phenomenon and how to manage and reduce jitter.
There are also plenty of instruments offering different ways of
analyzing jitter.

Audibility (at the picosecond level) is nebulous, but I am no longer
surprised at the things some trained ears can pick up on a good system.

--
seanadams