I am running Slimserver 6.2.2

I let Slimserver use iTunes, by default, and this has always worked.
And, yes, the albums in question do have track numbers.

However, it gets more complicated.  Last night, for a second time, I
selected "clear and rescan everything" (whatever it says).  Slimserver
shut off, as expected, and I went to bed.

I checked this morning and, get this...those albums, and some other
recently added albums, are no longer even in the Slimserver library!
Out of curiosity, I opened the iTunes library (the XML file) and, sure
enough, everything is there, properly numbered, etc.

This smacks of a bug, and a nasty one, at that.  Help?

--
highdudgeon