JackOfAll Wrote:
> What made the biggest improvement to the spdif output - the transformer
> isolation mod or the linear power supply? Could you try a listening
> test from spdif with and without the linear supply?
The addition of the transformer along with the removal of the two
inductors made the biggest improvement in the SPDIF.  Adding the
transformer alone was not as big an improvement.
The linear supply improved things across the board but didn't change
the pecking order of which digital output sounded better - toslink or
SPDIF.

Regarding the Benchmark DAC - I don't have access to one so I can't
compare.  I do have a few other DACs at home and I can report on how
they compare down the road although I won't have time for a week or
two.
---Gary

--
GaryB