sold late model Linn CD12 (for a good price) and a Linn Ikemi (likewise)
- tried MF, Naim, dCS and Chord at home...
no going back for me either! 2,000 CD's are in storage.
SB2+X-DACv3+PSU (and some good cables - Chord & Kimber)

My (heretical) view from 30 years of studio and high-end audio
experience is that a low-jitter SB + good/great DAC will ALWAYS be at
least as good in technical audio terms as ANY CD player/DAC - but you
may prefer the analogue "voicing" (ie frequency/impulse/slew response)
of a particular CDP/DAC. Too many people confuse "better" with
different...

BTW One of the main reasons early digital was "ugly" was that - just
for a moment - the manufacturers forgot about voicing and just built
something that worked very well on paper/scope - they clearly didn't
actually listen to it :0)

Voicing is an art and it is  source sensitive - that's why some CD's
sound great/OK/bad on different systems...the same was/is true of
vinyl. (oh god, I've really let myself in for some flack now haven't
I?)
Phil (cowering in concrete bunker)

--
Phil Leigh