Yannzola Wrote:
> Would simply =removing= the album-gain (and peak) tags work? Or will the
> Squueezebox fallback to track gain in the absence of any album gain
> tags? In particular while using the Smart Gain option...
>
> If album gain tags are neccessary... what should the values be? I'm
> assuming 0db for the gain adjustment tag.... but what about the album
> peak amplitude tag? 0, 0.0, 1 or 1.0? Is the peak tag even neccessary
> for album gain to be correctly interpreted, or can I safely delete it?
>
> Thanks!

I was thinking about changing all my Album gain tags to 0db to see what
happens - I'll let you know.

As far as I can see, SS or maybe the SmartGain routine seems to fall
back to track gain in the absence of Album gain tags which is even
worse if you have a very dynamic album, Pink Floyds The Wall has 24db
variation in track gains so playing the album with those adjustments
could hardly be called Hi Fi

Craig

--
Craig