There is a point to be made about how noisy the AC supply is, but a
power cord alone is not the answer. The answer, and one that more and
more audiophiles are recognizing, is getting off the mains completely.
In other words, going to battery power. I have a friend who is a
doctor, but also knows a fair amount of electrical engineering. He said
that even EKG signals in the hospital are really noisy, and that doctors
have to learn how to interpret these types of signals. My friend
actually built his own DIY battery-powered EKG, and said that the
difference in noise is orders of magnitude. I vow that one day in the
future all my components will be battery powered. Expensive AC cords?
No thanks.

--
ezkcdude