I would advise you to get out there and listen to as many speakers as
possible. Whatever you buy, make sure that you can return them after a
reasonable auditioning period, at least 30 days. There are some
tremendous values at the 'internet only' companies. These companies,
usually, have much better customer service than the traditional
manufactures, as well as active forums where good advice can be
obtained, and members willing to open their homes for auditioning. 2
that I can personally recommend are AV123
http://www.av123.com/index.php   and Omega
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewforum.php?f=31   . The guys at
AV123 will DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to make you happy. I have NEVER seen
the kind of customer service these guys offer. Truly one of a kind. I
own 1 of their UFW-12 subwoofers. Omega specializes in single driver,
crossoverless, designs. I own a pair of Aperiodic 8s and couldn't be
happier with them.

--
konut