results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19817
Question: Should there be a new forum for photos?

- yes
- no
- maybe

Not got any photos of my living room system or kitchen system but do
have some of the one in the dining room (SB1).

The SB1 is using the digital output into a pair of Meridian D600's -
The Worlds first digital loudspeaker! Launched in 1989 (retailing at
£2500), these speakers are a 3 way active design with Bitstream DAC and
165mm bass, 165mm bass/mid and 25mm tweeter, each driven by 3x75W
amplifer. Interestingly the D600 not only supports digital inputs (3 -
2 coax, 1 optical) but also up to 2 analogue inputs (balanced and
unbalanced inputs) , so effectively they have a pre-amplifier on board
as well as built in DACs. They came supplied with two sets on EPROMs,
the set installed effectively set the speaker to operate as a standard
analogue active speaker only (equivalent to a standard Meridian M
speaker and in this mode the speaker could be considered as a
forerunner to the M60 having identical cabinet size). The other set of
EPROMs was the original D600 set.

PS I don't light the fire and look at the scary 1980's remote!!

Mr Perceptive

|Filename: eba00526616f00000005.jpg                                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=677|

Mr Perceptive