Hi Gary

Can you please comment on what I have just done.  I simply do not have
the equipment, let alone the experience, or even the eyesight, to play
too much with surface mount boards, so have figured out some simple
ways to go about it.

I have an SB2 but have housed it in a large enclosure together with a
high quality linear supply.

I have got my drill out and attacked the SB2 board - cutting three
links; between c7 and r37; between c39 and r39; and between the 5V
supply and R41.

I am assuming that cutting the link between the power supply and r41
that I have disabled the output stage altogether and do not need to
remove it???

I have installed new output jacks, using the same ground connection as
the old ones, but connecting the hot to the downstream sides of c7 and
c39, thereby using those caps as my coupling caps.

Next stage is to get some better coupling caps and attach them at the
output jacks - at which time I will move the cables that feed the
output jacks, removing them from the downstream side of c7 and c39, and
soldering them to the upstream side of c7 and c39.  I may get the same
Blackgates that you have used.  However I have a lot more space at my
disposal - should I use a film cap instead?  My guess is the Blackgate
is plenty good enough (Rest of system is pretty good - Rowland Model
201 Monos driving Verity Parsifals, signal cabling is Jena Symphony).

Hope this makes sense.  My question comes from the fact I don't know
what I am doing and I have not really done it the same way you did.  My
question is - have I stuffed up?  Are there some downsides I cannot see?
I had a look at that DAC chip and frankly my eyes boggled at the idea
of soldering to one of those spindly and closely spaced legs off the
DAC chip, so chose the easier spot which was at the coupling caps.  I
cannot see me ever trying to replace it - way too scary.

Anyway it is working, and sounds pretty good to me.

--
Jenks