tomsi42 wrote:
> A few things to listen for is S-sounds (I find that Diana Krall's "S"
> can be a bit harsh (*) ), overall sound balance and finally musicality.
> With musicality I mean: does the music grab you and do you want to play
> more (and more, and more until it is morning).

And this means music that you want to listen to. I personally do not
like either Diana Krall or Norah Jones. Both seem to me to be
very nice looking women who can't sing. I don't see why either
of them sell as many CDs as they do. Patricia Barber, in contrast,
is a great singer to my ears.

I haven't had much luck using full orchestral music for
comparisons, but I have had success using chamber music.
I probably need a bigger room and bigger speakers
to make orchestras sound real. For that, I'd need
a new house, and no one knows why she swallowed the fly.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html