jonheal Wrote:

> Also, if you happen the get the White Noise of Death during the
> experiment, it'll probably kill you on the spot ;-)

ROTFLMAO

Actually, this test sounds perfectly logical to me.  I have a Benchmark
DAC1 on order, with headphone outs, so can eliminate the "cheap preamp"
part of the equation.  I have both the switching and Elpac linear PSU's
to compare.  Unfortanately, the DAC1 is on back-order.

--
sleepysurf

squeezebox2 (with elpac wm075-1950-760 linear psu) direct to amp, 300gb
buffalo linkstation (remote flac audio file storage), sunfire cinema
grand 200 ~five (vertically bi-amped) driving martin-logan aerius i's,
blue jeans cables.

'Click to see pix of my system'
(http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=732)