That's very strange.  Is this coming from the
analog output or the digital?

I'm assuming from your equipment that you're using
the analog outputs, in which case we have to
determine if the files are like this at the source
(unlikely) or if they are being mangled by the SB.

Try to play the files in a computer audio player.
  Odds are they are fine.

If they're fine in the computer, try another sound
source on that preamp input.  Make sure to swap
interconnect cables too.  If that's fine as well,
I'd say you have a defective SB.  Confirm this by
listening to the headphone output.  This must be a
very rare failure though.

fezco wrote:
> Greetings SqB3 meisters. I have a newbie question
for you all. I have
> searched the forum here but have yet to get a good
handle on the
> balance of the SB3. It is clear that the balance
leans towards the
> left. Even in VU meter mode, my music library
registers about 3db more
> on the left side. Yes my PSaudio preamp does have a
balance control to
> compensate, however, it would be nice to get it
right out of the
> 'gate.' Anyone else run into this prob? Is there a
way to tweak the

--

  Mark Lanctot