There was once a post on here stating that the author preferred WAV over
flac. Knowing that flac is lossless I found that hard to believe, so I
decided to do a quick test.

I grabbed hold of one of my brand new CDs, selected a track, and ripped
said track using EAC Secure into a WAV file, and a flac file.

I then used foobar to play both files, choosing the same section of
music to play over and over from both. After extensive listening I
detected no difference whatsoever between the two.

I then wondered whether there might be an issue with the way the SB
decodes the formats...

This was easily checked by uploading the two files onto my server, and
then using the SB3 to play them. Again, after extensive listening, I
found no difference between the two.

--
CavesOfTQLT