Finally some sanity!
FLAC vs WAV  are mathematically identical and neither the compression
or decompression processes introduce "error" of any sort. If this
wasn't true of any lossless compression regime, we'd all know about it
- and how.
LL compression is used "on the wire" to minimise bandwidth utilisation.
If it wasn't really, always, lossless every networked computer in the
world would be spewing out garbage all of the time (I know some might
believe that the Internet is in fact doing this...).

If ZIP  files didn't unzip perfectly we'd all know about it - the world
would be in uproar.

FLAC, ZIP etc just work in the same way that your calculator always
ALWAYS says that 2+2 = 4.

With server-side FLAC decompression (and accurate rips in the first
place), the only things that really count towards audible reproduction
quality are the DAC onwards parts of the a chain. This assumes you buy
into the "SB-side FLAC decode can be heard to be worse than
server-side" argument - which I most certainly don't.

In fact, there are very good arguments that SB+reclocking DAC should
sound better than any spinning disc transport, since there is  a much
greater chance of random timing and reading errors in real-time, one
shot reading of small pits on a wobbly rotating  disc with a wobbling
laser and some dubious interpolation algorithms to cover problems.

--
Phil Leigh