I forgot to mention that as usual, "your mileage may vary". Obviously
the HD didn't work out for you. I am sure expensive cables would sound
much better, but IMHO, for the price you can't beat them.

--
crooner

Squeezebox 3 with DIY Linear Power Supply
Lite Audio DAC60 tube DAC
Pioneer SX-1980
Vandersteen 2Ce Signature
Vandersteen 2W