Patrick Dixon Wrote:
> Yes, I'd agree with that.  Or improve the DAC and leave it close-coupled
> to the SB transport of course ;-)
>
> Here's some recently made J-test measurements, of the S/PDIF coax
> signal with a standard SB3 and our SB2+.  The comparison (rather than
> the absolute numbers) is interesting - the SB2+ is lower noise across
> the board, particularly around the test-tone 'spike'.  IME, this
> translates to an audible difference with any external DAC.
>
> http://www.at-view.co.uk/sb2_jitter.htm

I don't think any human could hear those sidebands at -120 dB, let
alone the bump in the noise floor at -170 dB! To hear that would be
truly superhuman.

--
ezkcdude

SB3->Derek Shek TDA1543/CS8412 NOS DAC->MIT Terminator 2
interconnects->Endler Audio 24-step Attenuators (RCA-direct)->Parasound
Halo A23 125W/ch amplifier->Speltz anti-cables->DIY 2-ways + Dayton
Titanic 10" subwoofer

He's not hi-fi, he's my stereo.