They are actually Altec Lansing 2100s.  I know because I have the same
model.  The satellites are each 2 1/8" wide, 7 1/2" high, and 2 1/2"
deep.  Not shown in that picture is the bass module, which is 5 1/2"
wide, 12" high, and 13" deep, and a small wired power and volume remote
(2 1/2" wide, 5" deep, and 2 1/2" high when on its metal stand).

http://www.alteclansing.com/product_details_2100_discontinued.asp
http://tinyurl.com/hkttp

They are discontinued, but you can pick them up on eBay.  For their
price range (I paid $30 plus something for shipping in late 2004)
they're quite adequate, but they're by no means great.  I'm already
eyeing something nicer, although still probably not worthy of this
forum (Swans M200,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836136102).
Obviously, I'm no audiophile.

The tiny physical dimensions of the 2100 satellites are their strongest
point to me; mine sit on my skinny window sills, totally out of the way
(see attached pics).   The windows face West, so the rather ugly white
fabric behind the satellites is so that the hot afternoon summer sun
doesn't shine directly on the black plastic.  You can also see a
picture of the remote in this post:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=78993#post78993

The complaints about the remote on the Amazon reviews are valid.
However, if you leave them plugged in (and powered, although not "on")
when not in use, they remember where the volume was before.  I
personally set the volume at a certain level (10 clicks down from
maximum) and then leave it, using the Squeezebox to control volume.

|Filename: sp-zoom.jpg                                              |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1056|

eq72521