I know, I'm not into tinkering with electronics, I don't buy into into
most power supply and other mods, etc.  Still, there are two things I
would really like to see on a Squeezebox.  They are:

1. Balanced (XLR) outputs.  These provide the safest signal and would
allow for much longer cable runs...something that coule be handy.
Also, when one does have an entirely balanced chain...

2. AES/EBU (xlr) digital output.  At 24v, this is the strongest signal,
by far.  Again, this would allow for greater cable runs, etc.

Question: given that Slim Devices is probably not going to come out
with something like this anytime soon -- unless they create an
"audiophile edition" for a lot more money -- I'm wondering if the SB
can be adapted for true balanced operation without costing a fortune.
Or, whether it can be done at all?

--
highdudgeon