ezkcdude Wrote:
> It's obviously not just about the technology. I have no issues about the
> potential quality of "digital" amps (although I can't seem to find
> specific details about how it is implemented in the Pany). However, I
> assume not everyone will prefer the sound of these digital amps, no
> matter how much the technology advances. Just like some people still
> prefer tubes to solid state now, some prefer Class A/AB to Class D
> (e.g. Hypex) or T (using Tripath), some probably prefer the sound of
> the Pany. It's highly unlikely that ALL audiophiles will ever agree on
> the best of ANYTHING. Don't you think?

I totally agree not everyone will prefer the Digital amp sound. And
that's a good thing because it keeps the economy diverse and we have
more options. However, I group these folks as the minority group in the
next few years as more and more people will buy into the digital
technology for the mainstream prices.
I'm looking forward to the day when Digital Speakers are the norm, then
I can take another component out of the equation, ie. I don't have to
worry about which amp will drive which speakers best, there are so many
of these types of questions in the audiophile forums. Furthermore, I
don't have to worry about speaker cables, (there are also a lot of
questions on which speaker cables should I use, kind of questions in
the forums)

--
khewa