John, there has been lots of discussion of the low jitter on the SB3, I
would be curious how it measures overall.

Also, you really should try (perhaps in a follow up) to report on the
effect of power supply upgrades on measured response, as well as your
sonic impressions. I am sure the guys as BolderCables and Red Wine
Audio would spare a PS for a test.

Finally, wouldn't it be cool if you could get your hands on the new
Intel-based Mac Mini and install windows XP using BootCamp. That would
allow you to sonically compare and report, using the same gear, on any
difference in sound and measured performance of the SB3 playing (i)
iTunes encoded WAV and Apple Losseless files,  and (ii) EAC-encoded WAV
and FLAC files.

I am sure you will ignore the trolls on this discussion board who have
nothing productive to add. Stereophile is a fine publication that I
have enjoyed for more than 18 years, and it pleases me to see coverage
by S'Phile of a device like the SB3, which will undoubtedly be a
precursor of the emergence of computer audio as a major component in
high end audio.

--
davehg