Skunk Wrote:
> I like to speculate it's the noise suppression of the linear that makes
> the difference in my system. My house wiring is poor, and I have no
> power conditioning.
>
> Do those with power conditioning units notice less of a difference with
> the linear compared to switching?

I have more power conditioning than you can shake a ferrite core at
(dedicated fusebox, Pure Power transformer, double screened heavy duty
cable to dedicated unswitched sockets and Isotek mini-sub) and I
noticed a big difference in moving to a linear supply. Rest of the
system is very high resolution though (Audio Research, Krell, Audio
Synthesis, Wilson Benesch, Velodyne etc).

--
Heuer