opaqueice Wrote:
> Wow - I never cease to be amazed by audiophiles....
>

> It seems to me before you should worry about that, you should first
> build an exact replica of the room the music was recorded in, with a
> speaker with a perfectly flat response in the exact position of every
> sound source.  Then you can worry about overall phases.
>
> So I would guess that relative phases between different frequencies get
> totally messed up - is that wrong for some reason?  If it's right, why
> do people worry about phases introduced by equalizers?

yes - me too! (please note I don't buy the absolute phase
debate!!!!!!!)

yes - messing up phases at different frequencies is the first step in
removing any idea of the "fi" from your "hi-fi" :0)

...and yes agree regarding the sub +/-180 point - it does make a
difference to the integration with the "mains" for simple obvious
reasons

--
Phil Leigh