opaqueice Wrote:
> From that article:
>

> Sorry, but this guy is a total nutjob...

It seems to have escaped you that the guy contradicting him was equaly
convinced about wire directionality, as are many others in the high-end
industry. I agree, however, that particular guy wasn't the most
well-rounded character (most free-thinkers seem to be a bit abrasive).
Feel free to do your own research on the net.

Another interesting aspect is the non-linearity of air itself, as
touched briefly on in this article:

http://cygnus.ipal.org/mirror/www.passlabs.com/a2proaud.htm

"Mr. Pass uses a characteristic of air as a model for designing his
amplifiers, in that air is single ended in nature. He says, "We can
push on air and raise the pressure an arbitrary amount, but we cannot
pull on it. We can only let it relax and fill the space as it will, and
the pressure will never go below 0. As we push on air the increase in
pressure is greater than the corresponding decrease when we allow air
to expand. This means that for a given motion of diaphragm acting on
air, the positive pressure perturbations will be slightly greater than
the negative. From this, we see air is phase sensitive.""

I read a much fuller report on this fenomenon somewhere, but I'm unable
to find the link now. Perhaps someone here can help out?

--
P Floding