My system consists of SB3 through an early Linn Numerik DAC, Unison
Unico Amp and Dynaudio Focus 220 speakers.  The system sounds extremely
pleasant however I would describe the Linn DAC as warm and detailed but
slightly lacking bass control and rhythm.  I have experimented with a
Theta DS Pro Progeny DAC which vastly improves the bass and soundstage
imaging but sounds thin and unimpressive in the mid/upper mid range -
so much so that backing drums and guitars fade so that it is a strain
to hear them and piano is most unconvincing.  This is strange since I
had heard good reports of the Theta before trying though I suspect it
has been designed to tame over bright forward systems, which mine is
not.

What I really want is the bass, staging and rhythm of the Theta
together with the warm detail of the Numerik.  Does anyone have any
ideas how I could achieve this?  I had thought maybe of a later Numerik
as I understand that the PSU was upgraded to overcome some of these
issues.

I would be grateful of any advice/past experiences of these or other
products

--
adrianh1960