Hi Jim,

JJZolx Wrote:
> - You say it's an integrated amp.  So, analog volume control knob and a
> remote.

Yes, volume control would be in the analog domain (digitally
controlled precision resistor network with rotary encoder)
A basic remote would be part of the package.

JJZolx Wrote:
> - Multiple source inputs, besides the USB and iPod.  Would be nice for
> either adding a tuner or perhaps audio out from a small video system,
> such as in a bedroom setup.

Yes, I currently have 2 high-level analog inputs in my prototype
and 3 more selectable digital inputs (coax,toslink,usb/ipod).
Anyone interested in phono (perhaps as an option?)

- Form factor: Compact is nice, but be sure a Squeezebox2 can sit on
top of it.

Ok, not a problem.

- Styling: Keep it simple, with a nice brushed aluminum faceplate.

As for the finish, I was thinking of aluminium with
faceplates either gold/chrome glossy + analog VU meter
and blue leds.

- Power button/switch.  Should turn off both the amp and the
Squeezebox.

Excellent! Will work on implementing this suggestion.

Explain more about the iPod input.  Is this a docking arrangement, or
some kind of front stereo mini-jack?

It's basically a docking station that allows recharging
the iPod and playing back your music.

I might implement a master clock input/output or
even battery power for the dac in a higher-end version
so long as the retail price remains reasonable enough.
It would be a factory-direct deal, no dealers or middlemen.
As soon as I have pics of the finished prototype, I'll post
them along with full details.

Regards,

Dave

--