Hello All, I recently purchased a Squeezebox and would like some advice.
My Hi-Fi setup is a Meridian 551 amp, Meridian 506 Cd player and some
very nice Monitor Audio gold speakers - all hooked up with decent
interconnects and cabling. My questions are:

1 - Do I need an external DAC ?
2 - What's the best format for the encoding ( I currently use Flac ) ?
3 - How can I utilise the digital output ?

any other pointers very welcome - silly me I thought I could plug it in
and go but I can definitely hear a sound degradation compared to the cd
player

many thanks

Pete Kane

--