nelamvr6 Wrote:
> Please help me decide.
>
> I know there's a price difference, but let's pretend for the purpose of
> discussion that money doesn't matter. Which should I get:
>
> The 'Grado RS 1'
> (http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/all-headphones/grado-rs-1.php)
>
> Or
>
> The 'Sennheiser HD 650' (http://tinyurl.com/e3h8n)
>
> Both would be used in a home system. Neither would have the use of a
> dedicated headphone amp, at least not for a little while.
>
> I welcome any and all opinions (concerning this question that is! ;)
> ).
>
> Thanks in advance.

I think you're going to have to try them out. I have the Grado SR325
and really like it, but some complain that it is uncomfortable on their
ears, and some feel it is a little harsh. (Or perhaps too accurate?)

For me, the Sennheiser (probably the previous generation) was a little
boomy.

But this is clearly a case where your mileage may vary.

If you haven't found it already, I found this site www.goodcans.com to
have some intelligent reviews.

--
EricBergan