rbl Wrote:
> If the frequency response deviates by 10db (an absolute minimum in most
> setups), then a 100W amp would have to have an output of 1000W at that
> -10db point, and I'd hate to think how the speakers would react. So can
> it really flatten the frequency response and still give a sensible
> listening volume?

No frequencies get boosted, all frequencies are cut to match a target
curve. We placed the target curve (drag and drop) onto the
freq/amplitude chart of the measured room response so that all freq
plots are above the target curve. Then Tact adjusts all volumes
downward by some amount to result in the target curve.

The weird thing is that it seemed like the corrected sound was much
louder (2dB?)than the bypass mode with no correction. The dealer
explained that when all the freqs are clearly audible after correction,
it seems louder, and indeed at the point of correction (microphone
location) it is louder because SPL reducing negative nodes are removed,
but total energy in the room is not changed and same power is coming out
of the amp, just optimized in EQ to match room thus much more efficient
use of power and higher level. It seemed louder no matter where we
stood in the large room because the long wavelength bass tones were
corrected too.

Comparing the sonic character of corrected and bypass requires boosting
gain of bypass mode to match the corrected.
Rich

--
richidoo