results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=24534
Question: What do you think about the new SD NAS device?

- Awesome! Where can I get one?
- Nice. I'll put that on my wish list.
- Not for me, but it sure is pretty.
- Lame idea. Have the SD folks lost their minds?

JJZolx Wrote:
> You think so?  But apparently you _must_ have it to move your
> multi-gigabyte files and stream video while playing music to your four
> Squeezeboxes.  Let us know the price tag when you're done.

I won't be doing it this year anyways, so I'm still considering
ReadyNAS even though it's a little weak. As for my estimation goes:
ReadyNAS w/o drives goes for $700.
Now think about DIY: case, like Coolermaster Stacker ~$200, add PSU,
add quite fan(s). Mobo like ASUS with SLI 16x - $240. Modest AMD CPU
$400, 1Gb memory $300-400. 8x PCI-E RAID card $300 or more.
Now, I haven't seen Gigabit switch with real QoS support under $500.
CAT6 are not cheap, and thing about rerouting throughout your house.

--
325xi