norderney Wrote:
> I have been thinking of getting a 1Tb external  Lacie drive.  Lacie seem
> to be the only people making 1Tb external hard drives.
>
> Do I have any other options other than Lacie for 1Tb?
>
> thanks
> andrew smith

If you do go down the Lacie route I would strongly recommend backing it
up with another make.  I have had 2 years of absolute mayhem with a
500gig that just keeps on failing.  Error code 10's, delayed write
errors, device fails to start, causing crashes, other error codes, and
also a mechanical failure....oh and and two suspected psu failures, -
just to name a few of the problems.

I shall be recieving it back for the 4th time soon and believe me,
nothing important will be going on it!

I will probably pull it apart and stick the hdd's in other housings and
go from there.

--
Deaf Cat