Yes please let it go!  LOL  I had a listening session last night that
has just ended (its 7.30 in the morning) and im as happy as larry!

Deaf Cat hi... this Lacie is definately a Seagate, perhaps theyve
changed their suppliers?

Good point about the Nos dac DWC that was one of my first bits of
advice a couple of weeks ago. I was lucky enough to be able to audition
my Bel canto against a heavily modded nos dac using 8 TDA1543's, against
the Battery powered attraction dac (which is also nos), against a
Benchmark Dac 1 (nasty in extremis). The Attraction destroyed the
competition... its a beguiling performer, so very very MUSICAL, so much
so that my bel canto is up on Ebay as we speak (low starting price,no
reserve, get yourself a bargain!  :)   )

Perhaps the problem is that there is too much objective measurement in
laboratories,Anachoic chambers etc done by over paid professionals and
not enough subjective focused listening done in your own special
place..and preferably listening with your heart as well as your ears.

Adios Friends

apart from you Jsonnabend  ...you rude fucker!

--
Lyonesse