opaqueice Wrote:
> Sean did some jitter measurements for a linear PSU versus a switcher.
> Switcher actually did slightly better, although not significantly.
>
> I (and several others) did some listening tests for FLAC versus WAV
> streaming.  No difference, even for people that had thought they heard
> one before they did it blind.
>
> There was a claim that the sound was better wired versus wireless.
> When the guy did it blind, no difference.
>
> Long discussion about absolute phase (relevant to SB because early
> firmware reversed it) - conclusion, no difference in music, or in
> anything other than highly artificial asymmetric waveforms.
>
> Probably more I'm forgetting at the moment.
>
> Anyone else see a pattern here?

Yes, I think I see a pattern.

What else have you established as a "scientific fact" by testing on one
system of unknown quality? That it is impossible to hear the difference
between 128kbit mp3 and 16/44? Let's face it, many people claim that
they cannot hear any difference. Probably a large majority, in fact.

--
P Floding