Looking for some help, I am having trouble finding a suitable
replacement power supply for the original SB3 one here in Australia. If
anyone has managed to locate one in Australia please meassage me.

Now firstly I expect the power supply here may be a little different to
that used in America as we are on 240v 50Hz. The supplied power supply
is a Group West 5v 1600ma one.

When looking for a power supply must the power supply be 5v or is
4.5v-6v acceptable? Must it be for 1.5a or is 1a to 2a ok?

Is linear or Switch mode the way to go? How do I know the power supply
I am getting is any better than the original?

I have found a few labatory power supplies that appear suitable but
these are between 30-40% of the cost of the SB itself, perhaps second
hand is an option here I expect these have a well regulated supply I
notice one has Ripple & Noise <1mVrms , which my very limited expertise
seems good.

Thanks for your help in advance.

--
dlite