results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=24534
Question: What do you think about the new SD NAS device?

- Awesome! Where can I get one?
- Nice. I'll put that on my wish list.
- Not for me, but it sure is pretty.
- Lame idea. Have the SD folks lost their minds?

Siduhe Wrote:
> I don't use RN, but used to use a Linkstation as a NAS.
>
> One thing I would recommend (from personal experience) if your scan
> times are very long is to run a full clear and rescan with the debug
> flag "d_scan" on, and the log window opened up.
>
> If you have any old playlists or old file references which don't exist
> any more in your library, this can cause Slimserver to get into a loop
> and slow down your scan.  Slimilarly, any old recursive links (to other
> parts of your music lib) may do the same thing.  If you have a lot of
> songs, it can be easy to miss these when you tidy up your library.  You
> will need to watch the log file as the scan starts and for the first few
> minutes.
>
> If you run the scan and the log output shows no errors, the slow scan
> time is far more likely to be down to your set up.

Hi there, thanks for the info, I do have one old link but this only
contains about ten albums, I ran the rescan last night and it was still
scanning this morning - will try the debug option, thanks again

--
pkfox

When the going gets weird - the weird turn pro. Hunter S Thompson