Thanks for that.

The Mackies are indeed nice.  I use the Tannoy Reveal Actives in my
home studio, and often regret not getting the Mackies.  The issue, as
you say, is WAF.

Requirements for active speakers from my perspective are:

High WAF
Auto Off/On
Great sound quality
RCA input

I'm not sure I understand the bug as it stands.  By analog out, it
means RCA, I'm guessing?  Does this mean that all auto-sensing amps and
speakers fail to sense with the SB?  Does this happen even if the SB is
in stand-by?

If so, then the options are to go for something more esoteric
(Meridians?) or ditch the auto-off requirement and get the JBLs or the
Swans?

--
DynamicalSystem