Andrew L. Weekes Wrote:
> The problem for them is it effectively kills the current distribution
> models, the ability to trial tracks in your own home and only buy the
> stuff that's actually any good, instead of paying over the odds for
> what often turns out as a dissapointment scares them rigid!
Andy,
You have hit the nail on the head so hard here, that I'm falling off my
chair. Over the decades that I've bought LPs and CDs, about half of them
I've ever purchased have turned out to be disappointing, usually because
they only had a couple of songs I really liked. I no longer purchase any
CD unless I can hear a sample of every song in advance and like nearly
all of them. What the record companies don't get is that the ability to
buy individual songs will actually result in me purchasing MORE music,
not less, because I would not be buying many of the whole albums
anyway.

Long gone are the days when I or many other music lovers run out to the
store and buy an album because we heard one good song on the radio.

--
TiredLegs