My power amp has no volume control.  It is a plain power amp with no
controls.  All the switching is done by my preamp.  I want to bypass
the preamp and go straight to the power amp.

I understand that you can either use the digital volume control in the
SB2 to control the volume, and go straight to the power amp without
using the DAC-1 (using the SB2's analog outs) or route the signal from
the SB2 using the digital outs to the DAC-1 and use the volume control
on the DAC-1.

I would like to use the simplest path possible, so I was going to try
using the SB2 only first and see what happens.

Colin

--
Colin Reilly