I feel I should speak up, lest any passers by encounter this thread and
get the wrong idea.

Please do NOT expect things to work with firmware 15. This is a very
old version and we do not test it with current versions of SlimServer.
Even if you can get it to work, you are missing out on a myriad of
improvements since then.

At full volume you will get exactly the same output as with current
firmware. You can verify this by looking at the s/pdif data. If you
don't believe the bits, try a blind listening test.

For details about how the volume curve changed, 8-bit vs 16-bit
coefficients, etc please see the archives.

It would be really nice if we could put this one to rest. I ask only
becuase the amount of FUD and misinformation out there really seems to
be getting out of hand, to the point where we actually get phone calls
from people insisting that WE explain how they should go about hacks
like this. Witness the muting phenomenon to see how these ideas spread.

--
seanadams