CFP Wrote:
> On any scientific site if someone contended WAV sounded better than FLAC
> on their computer due to the "processing differences" he/she'd be
> laughed out of the house.

These "scientific sites" are often populated by people who either don't
have great ears or don't have great systems.  I've read on Hydrogenaudio
a dozen times that good MP3s and CDs are indistinguishable, which is
clearly not the case.

I'm not saying I think FLAC sounds worse than WAV.  But just because
FLAC is lossless doesn't mean we, as audiophiles, must categorically
rule out any sound difference.  This type of thinking  - that bits are
bits - is why we've been saddled with crappy CD sound up until a few
years ago, even though the standard came out in 1982.  Everything bears
testing, comparison, and scruitiny, even those things that appear
obvious.  FLAC needs an extra decoding step, and in any setup, this
step has the potential to degrade the sound.

--
JohnnyLightOn