Skunk Wrote:
> Not that I don't agree w/ a lot of what you said, but this seems like a
> poor test- ignoring instrument seperation, placement of the sounds
> between or around the speakers, ambience of recording venues, etc..

Actually it's a very good and very revealing test. Please don't be
mislead into thinking that (what I call) the "dual-mono test" is ANY
less revealing than stereo. What we hear is only an approximation
(albeit a reasonably convincing one some of the time) of ambience,
imaging etc anyway. Try it with a mono recording...

As for depth and height - I think we've done those "concepts" to death!
(I know you didn't mention them - but someone will)

If you don't believe me, try it (if you have 2 dacs). At the very least
you will find the results interesting - if not surprising.

Phil

--
Phil Leigh