Hmm-- I thought highdugeon gave me good advice, and that he was quite
sincere.

He clearly said in a couple of places that, in general, an external dac
is probably not on a good place on his cost/benefit curve, but that,
essentially, ymmv, and that the performance is not absolutely world
beating.

Don't really see that as contradicting his desire to get a
transporter.

As far as needing dsl to use playlists, I think you're a little unclear
on the concept. You need an _internal_ network to use it, but your
router doesn't have to be hooked up to anything in order to assign an
ip address to your server and squeezebox.

If you have a >1k cd collection and really don't mind pawing through
it, more power to you. But most people with that many cds find it
pretty tedious.

--
totoro