highdudgeon;137785 Wrote:
> It is certainly true for the Lavry, which is a "re-clocker" that does it
> right.  The issue really isn't perfecting transports.  So long as they
> are bit-perfect, they're fine; the point is perfecting the DAC and
> devising solid re-clocking and de-jittering schemes.  This isn't just
> my opinion.  But, for the record, I've tried the Lavry with the SB3, a
> moderately priced sony, and a couple very expensive CD players.  I've
> tried it with expensive cables and a generic cable.  Each and every
> time, the sound was the same.
>
> So, if  you're having issues with transports and cables -- and these
> can certainly make very audible issues with some DACs -- I would
> recommend spending money on a DAC that works rather than much more
> money on transports and cables.

ok, the Lavry sounds interesting. Unfortunately it is not many DACs
that do it the right way.

I suspect my TacT RCS, which would be sitting between the SB3 and the
Lavry, embeds (integrates) any incoming jitter into the signal when the
data is received. However, if the TacT can operate synchrouneously from
input to output, then a Lavry on the TacT's digital output would be an
interesting option. I'll have to investigate...

--
P Floding